Takata Airbag Recalls
MGMT 404 Individual Course Project—Case Analysis
For the individual project in this course you will be required to write a case analysis for an organization and organizational event of your choosing. You will be responsible for choosing an organization and then choosing a relatively current event that the organization has faced and do an in-depth analysis of that event. The content of the paper should include but is not limited to:
- Relevant history and examination of the organization
- Explanation and analysis of the event including:
- How it manifested
- Why it is significant
- The organization’s response to the event
- Do you agree or disagree with how the event was handled
- How would you advise the organization to proceed in continuing to address the event or how would you advise the organization to proceed in its aftermath
Additional details follow below.
Structure (Executive Summary)
- Length 18-20 pages double spaced (this does not include title page, references graphs, charts, tables, figures, etc.)
- The topic is well defined.
- The information that is presented is accurate and relevant.
- Significance and relevance of the topic are clear.
- Recent trends in the topic are discussed; available statistics are included.
- No obvious information or concepts are left out.
- Recommendations demonstrate analytical reading skills and thoughtful analysis of the topic and the information that was presented. A persuasive case was made for whatever actions were suggested.
- No quotations allowed. Paraphrase all sources. Paraphrasing is not changing a few words, it is putting the information into your own writing style and words. No quotations, but lots of citations throughout the paper!
- Readable, polished format and structure.
- Summary is well written and follows all of the instructions for formatting, etc.
- Written in APA academic style with no “I”, “you”, “we”, “they”, “our”, etc. statements.
- Proper sentence and paragraph structure; paragraphs have a minimum of 3 – 4 sentences but not more than 8.
- Correct spelling—use spell check and have someone proofread your paper before you submit! Grammar and spelling mistakes will lower the grade.
- Correct grammar and punctuation—again, proofread! Utilize the Learning Center if you know your writing skills are weak. They have free tutoring and proofreaders that do not require meeting face-to-face, but you do have to plan ahead and submit early. There are also free grammar and writing checkers on the internet you may use. If nothing else, read your paper out loud to see if it makes sense!
- Adhere to APA in-text citation standards. Most, if not all, paragraphs should be cited in the paper to support your points, thoroughly.
- Do not plagiarize! If the TurnItIn report comes back with high matching percentages, your grade will be significantly impacted. Depending on the circumstances of the report, a 0 may be assigned to the paper and an academic violation recorded. Phrasing that is not common knowledge must be properly cited. See the academic misconduct policy in the TC catalog.
Topic: Takata Airbag Recalls