Pineridge Quality Alliance: A Case Study in Clinical Integration and Population Health
1. Briefly explain the forces that led Pineridge Medical Center to launch PQA.
2. List and evaluate the structures and tools PQA employs to improve patient quality and increase provider accountability.
3. What evidence shows that PQA follows best practices?
4. How would you recruit more hospitals and clinicians in southeast Idaho, and how would you market PQA to them and other stakeholders?
5. How would you prioritize and operationalize PQA’s proposed 2017-2019 goals?
3 pages including introduction and q’s 1 thru 3. Not 4 and 5 (only included here to help with the introduction), No conclusion needed.
1. Cases in Health Services Management, sixth edition by Kurt Darr, Tracy Farnsworth and Robert Myrtle.
2. Shi and Singh. (2015). An Overview of US Health Care Delivery. Delivering Health Care in American: A Systems Approach (1-32). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
3. Shi and Singh. (2015). The Evolution of Health Care Delivery. Delivering Health Care in American: A Systems Approach (81-116).
4. Feldstein. (2015). The Rise of Medical Expenditures. Health Policy Issues: An Economic Perspective. Health Administration Press.