HCAD 600 Assignments
HCAD 600 Paper 1
For your first project, identify one important, current issue in American healthcare or concerning global health, and then follow the instructions below. This paper provides you with an opportunity to explore how current events are affecting the role of the healthcare administrator.
- Prepare a 4 pages research brief that (1) summarizes a news story found on Kaiser Health Newsand then (2) discusses the implications of this news event on your future as a leader in health care.
- Incorporate at least four (4) scholarly journal articles published in the last five years into your paper and cited accordingly. In addition, you must use UMUC’s library to locate the articles and include at least one scholarly journal that provides a DOI = digital object identifier on the reference page (example: doi: 10.1108/03090560710821161).
- Follow APA style guidelines for cover page, citations, and the reference page. An abstract is not required for this paper.
- Prepare your essay in MS Word with 1-inch margins on all sides, double-spaced and 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Please note that the 1000 word limit pertains to the body of the paper.
HCAD 600 Paper 2 \
For your second project, you will assess the ethical aspects of a healthcare industry managerial practice. This analytical paper provides you with an opportunity to think critically about the challenging ethical and moral issues routinely faced by healthcare managers and introduces you to the ethical code of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE).
You are a member of your organization’s ethics committee. The CEO has asked you to brief the new board chair on the importance of ethics in healthcare, using as an example one of the cases found at https://www.scu.edu/ethics/focus-areas/bioethics/resources/cases/cases-on-medical-ethics/
- Write a 1,000 – 1200 word analysis of the selected scenario.
- The paper should include separate sections that summarize the relevant issues raised by the case, an explanation of why those issues raise ethical concerns, and how the ACHE Code of Ethics or a similar professional code of ethics can be used to determine the proper response by a healthcare leader.
- The suggested topics reflect the types of situations you may encounter as a leader in health care. They are complex and offer no clear options or solutions. Your research, therefore, should include at least five scholarly sources.
- A title sheet, abstract, body of the paper, and reference list are all required for this paper. The body of the paper should not exceed 1200 words in total.
- Prepare your essay in MS Word and in APA format, with 1-inch margins on all sides, double-spaced and 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Upload your analysis to the Assignment folder.
HCAD 600 Assignment 3
The board has created an innovation fund designed to foster improved quality, increased access, or reduced costs in healthcare delivery. Select a health information related technology that you would propose to be funded for implementation. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation that describes the selected health information technology, what it does, why it would be beneficial, and what risks may be involved.
HCAD 600 Assignment 4: The Team Project
Prompted in part by the ideas presented for the technology innovation project, the Human Resources Committee of the Board of Directors has become increasingly concerned about the ability to identify, recruit, and retain the appropriate skill mix for the organization. The CEO has designated an interdisciplinary team and asked it to prepare an analysis of current trends and their impact on the organization’s human resources in 2025.
The analysis is to have two components: a detailed document to be submitted to the CEO and a briefing to be delivered to the Board.
Write a 7 page Team report using APA style that:
1) Identifies and discusses the macro-trends affecting the future of the US healthcare system, including such aspects as the overall economy, demographics, personal lifestyles and behaviors, technology (including biotechnology and smartphones), and federal and state government policies. Note that these factors are neither exhaustive nor are they offered as a mandatory framework; your research will identify macro-trends relevant to your findings.
2) Use the above analysis, identify five (5) career opportunities that healthcare leaders will have to be aware of, address, or pursue in 2025. Be sure to explicitly link each job opportunity with the specific trends identified in your analysis.
o A minimum of five (5) references to independent research journals, official government sources, or non-vested technical reports must be incorporated and cited using APA style.
o Be sure to support your conclusions with appropriate source material. Conclusions are not just “your opinion.” Each conclusion must be clearly linked to eternally valid sources of information.
o Prepare your essay in MS Word with 1-inch margins on all sides, double-spaced and 12 pt. Times New Roman font; and upload it to the assignment folder. A title sheet, abstract, body of the paper, and reference list are all required for this paper. Please note that the 7 page limit applies to the body of the paper.