Part Four: Family Participation (10 points; Due Week 6)
- Based on the findings from the testing sessions, prepare a plan to share the information with the family of the child. Include in yours plan the following:
- Goals for the meeting with the family: What is the purpose of the meeting? What information will be shared with the family?
- Sample activities and materials to share with family/parents to provide support for the target literacy skills: What type of home activities will you share with the family/parents? What will be the role of the family? How will these help in enhancing the target skills?
- Sample letter inviting the family to a parent-teacher conference
- Include a reflective statement describing how the experience of creating a plan for family participation contributes to enhance your knowledge as early childhood educator.