Analyze assessments that evaluate performance of readers
Assignment: Phonics Based Reading & Decoding week 3 journal
Reflect on the course learning objectives which are listed below. For each CLO, describe what you have learned and what you still need to learn in order to master that objective.
• Describe and apply the findings of current theoretical principles and research on best practices for early literacy learners.
• Analyze assessments that evaluate performance of developing readers.
• Identify stages, principles, and components of early literacy development.
• Identify and apply instructional techniques and assessments that focus upon building comprehension, fluency, and independence in reading.
• Apply principles of balanced literacy toward a lesson plan which includes concepts and instructional practices related to phonics and early literacy.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your journal entry. Below:
Performance – The student submitted a journal which satisfactorily meets a sufficient number of the assignment required elements.
Non-Performance – The assignment is either nonexistent or lacks the components described in the assignment instructions.
Book:Rasinski, T. & Padak, N.D. (2013). From phonics to fluency: Effective teaching of decoding and reading fluency in the elementary school. NJ: Pearson.